What are we trying to acheive?
In short our mission is to "Get all the orphanages in India together and work towards combining effofts in fighting child destitution"
The mission of iON is to make a positive difference in the lives of orphan children and youth, primarily through a professionally-supported, one-to-one relationship with a caring platform and organization behind every one of them, and to assist them in achieving their highest potential as they grow to become confident, competent, and caring individuals.
It shall be the mission of iON to combine he diverse spiritual, religious, educational, and social needs of its members within the framework of networking all orphanages. iON connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a platform for indian orphanages where all people can network together and and support each other as we go along.
iON will strive to remain independent of any government, political ideology, or religious creed. Our motivation is derived from the common desire and dream of our members and supporters to find practical solutions to social and environmental problems, in a spirit of generosity and mutual respect.
iON is built on the assumption that information technology will provide all the benefits of internet and is the key to get media exposure to the numerous orphanages which are there in India, but not having enough media exposure today.
At iON, we work to help orphanages in India and volunteers visiting India get a platform to discuss all aspects of children, orphanages and the life around this. Everything we do reflects this mission and the values that make it possible.
As a company, and as individuals, we value:
- Feedback and use it for constructive development.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Passion for children, our orphanages registered, and for all kind people who are willing to go the extra mile.
- Openness and respectfulness.
- Taking on big challenges and seeing them through.
- Constructive self-criticism, self-improvement, and personal excellence.
Our Vision for this network?
1. What are the major problems that exist today in this non-profit sector of Indian Orphanages?
- Numerous and Multiple orphanages all set out with the same mission and vision, live and let live.
- All orphanages scream the same message "Please give us some money"
- Donors and Volunteers though willing to work and help are putting back their donor dollars due to lack of trust and transparency.
2. What are we doing to address these needs?
During this year, we will strive to acheive and create a platform which will enable all associated elments of Indian Orphanages to network together. We are currently conducting campaigns to form a network of like minded people to expand this network and to document all possible orphanages which are existing today in India.
To address the donor's and volunteers issues related to donating and transparency, we are working on an initiative to collect feedback, conduct quizzes and polls to see the current mindset of orphanages and document the ideal orphanage rules and framework to enable a just evaluation of all orphanages with the same yard-stick.
3. What principles or beliefs guide our work?
We believe that all of us have a spark in us which answers to what we do. We believe in you and we belive in people creating a network of organizations to help fight the cause. We believe that together we can acheive this. Lets unite and get them united. To see how you can contribute, please visit our Help Us section.